This is a fun idea for the school holidays, or even as a gift idea for kids. The idea is to make a fun play jar to take anywhere! There’s hours of fun inside the jars.
These Play Jars I made cost me about $20.
These are great for:
- Birthday Parties – make smaller ones for party favours or do up one as a gift
- Easter Egg hunt – hide paper clues inside plastic eggs (each egg leading to the next) and hide fun play jars at the end.
- Travel – throw in a bag and there’s hours of fun to be had!
- School holidays
- Camping – when you don’t want to take loads of toys
Fun ideas to include in a Play Jar
- Plastic jar or bag
- Key ring
- Small Toy: match box cars, small dolls, mini Lego figurines, Shopkins, Trashies
- Travel-size games: cards, dice, knuckles, jacks, bounce ball, naughts & crosses
- Drawing items
- Note book or single colouring in pages (printed off)
You can print these play mats here.