Hi again! Last week I posted a recipe for a vegemite & cheese pull apart and wanted to show you how versatile that dough recipe can be. I have used the same dough but instead used wholemeal flour and turned a pull-apart loaf into mini pizzas. They are great for a snack or lunch box item and will always be eaten instead of a boring old sandwich. I made these during the week, sliced into triangles and included them in my children’s lunch boxes. Of course, I ate the gourmet pizza and left the Hawaiian ones for the kids.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Wholemeal Pizza Bases
- 3 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups natural Greek yoghurt
- Pizza topping:
Hawaiian – tomato paste, ham, pineapple, cheese
Salami – tomato paste, salami, sundried tomatoes, cheese
Gourmet – tomato paste, spinach, roasted pumpkin, cashews, fetta & grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, add flour and yoghurt. Mix with a spoon to combine then turn out onto a floured surface and bring together with your hands.
- Roll dough into a sausage and cut into 7 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a small pizza of approx. 15cm diameter.
- Spread each pizza base with tomato paste and top with your preferred topping.
- Place pizza on lined baking trays and bake in preheated oven for 12 mins or until cooked & golden.
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called Simple home cook where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my other Facebook page too: ALDI home cook.