Today I am reviewing gorgeous little story boxes which are specifically designed to be given as a personalised gift to someone you love. The idea behind the Story Box is to fill a frame with figurines that, when looked at collectively, tell a story.
It is actually quite romantic and it took me a little while to decide on what story I wanted to tell in my frame. I have 3 young children and thought it would be a nice idea to share with them the story of our family (with some of the figurines dedicated to the time before we had children).
The process of customising my story box was very simple. First I selected the type of frame that I wanted, then I searched through the miniatures available to choose the ones that best told my story. I found it quite easy to find the items I was looking for. There are 700 miniatures to choose from and some can be further personalised but adding your photos or text. Take a look at some of these adorable miniatures!
The screen shots below show that you can select your miniatures from the list on the left and drag them across and position them where you want them to sit in your frame. If you’re customising a box, it will keep a tally of the items.
If you have chosen any items that can be customised, it will ask you to upload photos or add text in the next step. I chose a gorgeous little photo frame and uploaded a photo of my children in it. I also chose a stack of books and I could add any text I like to the spine of the books. I chose ‘Love, Laugh, Family, Forever’.
The end result is a gorgeous little frame that looked exactly like my online design. The miniatures are glued in place so your story doesn’t get muddled up. It did cross my mind that it would be a bit of a pain to clean when the miniatures get dusty but the frame comes with a clear cover that will prevent this from happening.
My daughter loved it and wanted it to take pride and place in her room. It is lovely way to relay a story and one that you can always reflect upon. If you don’t want to build your own box, there is also the option of ready-made boxes with a theme (baby boy/girl/birthday/anniversary). If you are nostalgic kind of person, this would make a beautiful and unique gift for an anniversary, special occasion or just because. Check out the website for more information: www.storyboxofyou.com
Story Box Examples
Prices can vary for custom boxes, starting from about $80.
Note: This is an unpaid review post. Read more about reviews here.
*Giveaway now ended. Congratulations Rebecca*
Adele from Story Box is kindly offering a $100 voucher giveaway to BAFM readers. Just visit Story Box website and come back here and tell me what story you would tell.
- To enter, comment on this post with what story you would tell in your Story Box.
- You must be an Australian resident older than 18 years of age to enter.
- You must provide a valid email address and entries are limited to one per household.
- Entries close Thursday, July 23 at 11:59pm Australian EST.
- Entries will be judged on merit and creativity.
- 1 winner will receive a $100 voucher to spend at storyboxofyou.com.
- Winners will be contacted by email and announced on this post by Tuesday, July 28 2015.
- The winners must claim the prize within 4 days or the prize will be re-drawn.
- The winners agree to have their contact details passed on to the appropriate representative who will send out/organise the prizes directly.