I made up play dough kits for the kids during the last school holidays. While I was at it, I made a smaller version for one of my son’s school friends who was coming over for a play date. It was just a small thing for him to take home. It was so simple to whip up, and I thought it would be a great idea for a birthday party favour too (or a simple home made gift). Make up a kit, stick on 1 lollipop and it’s a fun gift for the kids to take home from a birthday party (and it’s not full of too many lollies).
This cost me less than $4
- Take away/plastic container
- Play dough (brown) – store in a small zip lock bag
- Small toy
- I inserted clip art/text into a Word document and printed a label
It could be done in any theme (not just construction). For more ideas, read this post: Play Dough Kit Ideas.
- My Little Pony: pink/blue/yellow/purple play dough, sparkly gems, 1 mini pony
- Farm Animals: green play dough, animal plastic figurines, leaves, twigs
- Mermaid: blue/yellow play dough, coloured stones, shells, mermaid figure
- Super Hero: black and red play dough, super hero figurine (or Lego mini-fig)
- Car: black play dough (road) green (grass), rocks, matchbox or polly pocket car