We love tuna pasta and this is a great way to have it – in a bake covered with cheese! It is easy to prepare and perfect for that busy week day as you can make it earlier in the day and it will be in the fridge waiting for you to cook at dinner time. It is a very versatile meal and you can add whatever pasta sauce you like as well as diced zucchini, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, etc. I particularly love tuna because it is in the pantry waiting for me without a used by date on it! If your family love tuna then I am sure they will enjoy this recipe.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Tuna & fettuccine bake
- 400g fettuccine pasta
- Spray oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 425g tinned tuna in brine
- 700g bottle pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to packet directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, spray a frypan with oil and sauté onion & garlic over high heat until cooked through.
3. Drain tuna & add it to the onion. Stir through.
4. Add pasta sauce, water, sugar, salt & pepper. Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
5. In a separate jug, combine cottage cheese & cream. Stir to combine.
6. In a large oven proof dish, place drained fettuccine. Top with tuna & tomato mixture. Spread to cover the pasta. Pour over cottage cheese mixture & sprinkle over grated cheese. Cover & refrigerate until required.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Cook, covered for 30 mins, then uncover and cook for a further 10 mins or until heated through. If cooking immediately after preparing, reduce cooking time to 20 mins with a further 10 mins uncovered.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.