I’ve done a lot of Christmas themed table centrepieces over the years and this is one of my favourites. I adore the look of twigs, because they really bring the rustic look of the outdoors inside, and it’s cheap and easy too!
I did this table feature project last year using cardboard and washi tape decorations (you can find the printable for these at the end of the post). Aren’t they delightful!
I’ve included two printables templates : Christmas Trees and Stars. Click on the picture to access the PDF file.
- Light card
- Single hole punch
- Washi tape (different colours)
1. Print template on paper, or for best results, on light card
2. Cut around the first line of the image (so cut a rectangle box around the first line of two stars or two trees). The reason for this is it makes it easier to apply the washi tape.
3. Apply washi tape lines completely over the front and back (so it’s double sided) of the section of cardboard (you should be able to see the template lines underneath unless the tape is very dark).
4. Cut out the two shapes.
5. Punch a hole in the top and add twine.
6. Hang on the twig tree or Christmas tree.
- Cover only one side of the decorations and leave the other side blank so everyone in the family can write a message, maybe something they are grateful for, and read them out on New Year’s Eve.
- Forget the washi tape and print the template directly on to light coloured/patterned card for a quicker option.
- Use the template to make gift cards!
Use a tall vase (with pebbles in the base for weight) for best results when arranging twigs.
jeanineNovember 16, 2016 at 1:29 am
Kelly, these are soo cute! The best part is using branches! Any reason to get sticks in the house & im a happy mum lol! Also, those vases are a quick trip to the thrift store if you havent got any, like us. Thank you so much. The vase base i believe makes the entire result awesome.
Kelly - Be A Fun MumNovember 16, 2016 at 10:30 am
I love sticks in the house too!
trixiNovember 30, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Love the gift tag idea and the hanging branches!!