My kids love fruit in general, but when I freeze those juicy pieces, it’s even more appealing to them, especially on a hot afternoon after school. I’ve frozen orange pieces (in their skins), pineapple pieces and yoghurt covered blueberries. This week, I froze watermelon pieces on sticks and it was a big hit with the kids. It’s simple too!
What you need
- Paddle Pop Sticks (I used minis) – this is optional. You can just freeze watermelon pieces as they are but the stick does make it more novel and easy to eat.
- Cut watermelon up into triangles (leave skin on).
2. Carefully pierce the base of the watermelon skin with a knife and push in a stick.
3. Lay watermelon in a container ( I used a Sistema container) using baking paper to seperate layers.
4. Freeze and enjoy! These last for a while, so you can make a batch and have them on standby for a warm afternoon. Also a fun party food idea (serve unfrozen batches on a platter).
So Summery and Delicious!