Pipe cleaners are a great craft material for little kids to mould and bend into shape. My girls love these pipe cleaner butterfly rings, and best of all they are very quick to make.
These butterfly rings are great for:
- Imaginary Play
- Party Favours
- Party Craft Activity
- Dress Ups
- Just for fun
- School holiday activity
- Valentine’s Day or Birthday gifts between friends
Pipe Cleaner x 3 (choose 3 different colours if possible)
1. Loop all 3 pipe cleaners around one of your fingers (or your child’s) to get their ring size
2. Twist all 3 pipe cleaners to make a ring
3. Keep the strands out to look like cats whiskers.
4. Choose which two colours will be the butterfly wings. Roll each end inward to form each wing.
5. Once the wings are formed, position the wings to create the shape of a butterfly.
6. Roll the two remaining pipe cleaners to be the antennas.
7. Once your butterfly is complete, bend the butterfly/ring part at 90 degrees so the butterfly sits against your finger when worn.
You can also make butterfly bracelets by using the same instructions, but measure the pipe cleaners around your wrist instead of your finger.
This craft activity is great for fine motor skills. It’s best for kids 4 years and older, although my 18 month old loves to wear the ring on her finger.
For other pipe cleaner craft why not make