Pavlova is a classic dessert that is always a favourite. Try jazzing it up a little by turning it into a roll filled with jam, cream and strawberries. You can even add your own filling such as mango, cherry ripe or grated chocolate.
It may look a little tricky but it is actually quite easy and if you follow the recipe, you can serve it at your next family gathering.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Strawberry Pavlova Roll
Prep & cooking time: 35 mins
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 250g strawberries, chopped
- 1 passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 175o Line a swiss roll tin (22cm x 32cm) or similar size tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar & continue beating until mixture is smooth & glossy & all sugar is dissolved.
3. Fold through vinegar, cornflour & vanilla.
4. Pour into lined tin & spread out evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins.
5. Allow to cool completely in tin before turning out onto a sheet of baking paper sprinkled with caster sugar.
6. Whip cream. Spread jam over the base of the meringue, then cover with cream. Top with strawberries (reserving some to decorate the top of the roll).
7. Roll up from the long side & place on a plate, still covered with baking paper. Can be refrigerated for up to 24 hrs before serving.
8. Prior to serving, remove baking paper. Top with extra cream, strawberries & passionfruit.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.