Hi all, Amanda from Simple Home Cook here. The recipe I am sharing with you today is a delicious satay sauce – a real homemade one – not from a bottle or a packet to be mixed with water.
I have been experimenting for a long time to come up with the perfect satay recipe and I really love this one. So much in fact that it is included in my next cookbook. I make it all the time and serve it over beef strips with rice or at a BBQ with chicken kebabs.
My whole family love it and I hope yours do too.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 ½ Tbspn soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbspn sweet chili sauce
- 5 Tbspn crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tsp cornflour
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil, garlic, ginger & cook for 2 mins.
- Add chicken stock, coconut cream, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce & peanut butter. Bring to the boil & reduce to a simmer for 10 mins.
- Mix cornflour with a little water to make a thin paste. Add to the sauce & stir over heat until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve with beef or chicken.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.