Hi all, Amanda from Simple Home Cook here. Winter is a great time to bring out the hot dishes but this recipe is great in both summer and winter. Savoury mince is such a versatile recipe and you can add any vegetables you like. I personally like cabbage, carrot and broccoli but you can adjust and use whatever is in your fridge at the time.
My 3 children love this recipe but they like it drizzled with tomato sauce (ewww….) but whatever makes them eat a big bowl of meat and veges is fine with me.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Savoury Mince Recipe
- 500g lean beef mince
- 45g pkt chicken noodle soup
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 cups of water (split in recipe)
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups diced/grated vegetables: (carrot, capsicum, celery, beans, snow peas, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli).
- In a large frypan, cook mince over high heat until brown.
- Add chicken noodle soup, curry paste & curry powder. Stir through.
- Add 4 cups water & bring to the boil.
- Add rice & reduce to low heat. Cover & simmer for 15 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Add vegetables along with 2 more cups of water & stir through. Cover & simmer for a further 15 mins or until vegetables are tender. Cooking time will vary depending on size & type of vegetables used.
- Cover & keep in refrigerator or freezer until required.
- Reheat in microwave or on stove top. Add a little water if necessary.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.