Hi all, Amanda from Simple Home Cook here. Toasted muesli can make a lovely breakfast, a good filler for the lunchbox or after school snack. The beauty is that you can add whatever ingredients your family like. Load it up with nuts, leave out the coconut – it doesn’t matter as it will still taste amazing. I put it in little cups for the kids to take in their lunch box with a small tub of yoghurt.
It is easy to make and you can even have the kids help.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Toasted muesli with vanilla yoghurt
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick
- cook oats)
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 2 cups cornflakes or wheeties
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flaked/slivered almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 Tbspn oil
- 1 cup dried fruit (sultanas, cranberries, apricots)
- vanilla yoghurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180o Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereals, seeds, nuts & coconut.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add honey & oil & cook until frothy. Pour over oat mixture & stir thoroughly to coat oats.
- Spread muesli evenly over the base of 2 oven trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden, stirring occasionally to ensure mixture doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven & set aside to cool completely. Once cool, add dried fruit & stir to combine.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla yoghurt.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.