Hi again, Amanda from ‘Simple home cook’ here. Maple syrup dumplings is a recipe found in my cookbook but I want to share it with you today as it is a perfect winter dessert.
It is a family favourite that we just don’t make often enough in my opinion. My kids could eat this every night but moderation is the key! It is such a simple dessert and uses minimal ingredients and is a great recipe to add to your list.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Maple Syrup Dumplings
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 40g butter, chilled
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¼ cup maple syrup or golden syrup
- 40g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Rub butter into flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. You can use a food processor or Thermomix to speed up the process.
- Beat eggs with a fork and add to the mixture. Stir to form a dough. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine syrup ingredients & stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce to low heat. Once simmering, roll dough into small balls (approx. 2 to 3cm) & drop them into the simmering mixture. Simmer for 25 mins with the lid on. Dumplings should be puffed & golden when cooked.
- Eat immediately or place in microwave safe bowl, cover & refrigerate until required.
- Reheat in microwave and serve with custard… YUM!!
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.