Who doesn’t love a good ice cream sandwich? This is a really simple idea that the kids can make themselves but don’t take too long or it will melt all over your bench. Just make sure you use good quality ice cream which holds its shape longer than the cheaper watery ones. You can prepare them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer too.
You can get creative and use any cookies you like, different colour ice cream, sprinkles, nuts, coconut or whatever excites you.
I hope you enjoy them,
Amanda (Simple home cook)
- Birthday Parties
- Movie Nights
- Dessert Night
- Easy Dessert
Ice cream sandwiches
- Good quality ice cream
- Sprinkles, milo, nuts etc.
- Please a scoop of ice cream onto a sheet of baking paper. Place another sheet of baking paper on the top and gently squash the ice cream.
- With a blunt knife, scoop up the ice cream and place it onto a biscuit. Place another biscuit on top and sandwich together.
- You can roll the edges of the ice cream sandwich in sprinkles, nuts or whatever you like.
- You can make a heap of them and place them into a container. Cover and keep them in the freezer until you need them.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a new cookbook called ‘Simple home cook – back for seconds’. To check it out, please visit www.simplehomecook.com.au