Brought to you by Nuffnang & Kinder
I was driving home after a wedding rehearsal. My daughter had the privilege of being the flower girl and she was so excited.
“Mum, when I get married, will you be too old to be my bridesmaid?” my daughter asked.
I replied, “You can have whatever and whoever you want for your wedding.”
“Then I would choose you, because you are my love and joy.”
I tell you! The sweetness! It’s these moments in parenting that keep you going sometimes. In the early years of parenting, my sister said to me ‘keep a journal of the cute things your kids say because they are the types of things you’ll want to look back on’. She was right. Many of the sweet things my kids say, I record in my phone notes or on Facebook (with Facebook, you can change the settings so only you can see it if it’s just for keepsakes, and that way it pops up in your memories years later).
I was reading through some of these events today and I laughed so much! You see Kinder Chocolate is launching a Face of Kinder competition and it is all about the cute things children say and do. The entries will be wonderful to read; kids say the best things! Kinder is searching for the new Face of Kinder packaging; the competition has run in many countries around the world and now it’s come to New Zealand and Australia. This isn’t a modeling competition, but rather Kinder is looking for cute and natural moments between parents and kids, and I like that.
To enter, all you need to do is write about your child’s cutest moment accompanied by a photo, and upload here.
Four Aussie kids and two Kiwi kids will be selected to appear on Kinder Chocolate packaging.
Entries open September 5 and close November 7 2016. Then you,your family and friends can vote for your favourite between November 7 – 14 2016. The winners will be selected by November 28 2016.
As I was looking through other cute moments, I realised I had enough to create a little memory box/book for my daughter. It’s essentially a collection of mini double-sided memory cards I made by gluing the word squares to either a relevant picture or card. I made my cards 6cm x 6cm; you can download my template here. These cards can be kept in a memory box or you can purchase mini Insta Pic albums that hold 6cm x 6cm photographs. Both methods are perfect for adding the memories each year.
Font used: Coffee Snob
Putting it all together has given me such joy! Below is the process:
- Keep a book journal or digitally with the cute, sweet and funny things your kids say. Tip: Make a note of the date, the current age of the child and any situational information (e.g. overheard siblings talking in bed). Below are a few tips for recording information digitally. This works well for me because otherwise, I would forget about it.
- Email Folder: Keep a dedicated folder for memories and send yourself an email as required.
- Facebook: Share a status. This doesn’t have to be posted to friends; you can set it to private so only you see it and it comes up in your memories each year.
- Dedicated Instagram Account: Instagram has made it easy to go between accounts. You can create a specific (private) account just for quotes and sweet things your kids do and say. Either use an image or a word app like Little Moments.
- Phone Notes: Keep a note page just for this purpose.
- Once a year (or so), collect the information and turn it into little memory cards or a book. I printed the quotes on photo paper (you can use my template here), and then using acid free glue, attached a relevant image or coloured card on the back. Tip: Many companies print Instagram pictures in a 6cm x 6cm size or you can do it at home.
- Either compile the tiles in a journal, album or scrapbook or keep in them in a dedicated memory box. I purchased a little wooden box from Spotlight.
- Acid Free Glue / Photo Tape
- Box or Mini Album
The Face of Kinder is a fun opportunity to share those cute things your kids say. While you are at it, collate the memories into cards to read any time you need a chuckle or smile.
Head over to Face of Kinder and share your child’s sweetest moment.
DebsOctober 5, 2016 at 8:12 pm
I love the mini album you did the best!! So lovely!! Great ideas. Thanks for sharing. I can think of a few cute moments for the kinder competition.
Nae Play-Based-ParentingOctober 13, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Awww I love the memory box. Great idea. I have some pretty cute quotes and memories from my son that could work (they’re just scribbled down on old note paper at the moment mind you lol).
PennyOctober 17, 2016 at 4:49 am
I love that Kinder is finding the more natural, but gorgeous, moments in life. I keep a little notebook for each child. We all love sitting down together and reading what’s in it. I’m so glad I started them. There’s no way I’d remember all of the wonderful things they say, even if some are super hilarious.
DanyaOctober 23, 2016 at 8:25 am
Oh, that favourite leg one is hilarious! I totally need to do this. Those little quotes bring such a smile to my face.
GypsyNovember 3, 2016 at 10:10 am
This is too cute and a perfect holidays activity!