A BAFM reader from Instagram, @lissyjuniper, converted Amanda’s fabulous Muesli Slice recipe into a FODMAP friendly version for her family. Below is the recipe:
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 125 grams coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups brown puffed rice
- ¼ cup mix of chia seeds (optional: with activated bukinis & amaranth)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup preservative free apricots & cranberries
- ½ desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a slice tin (18 x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine rice malt syrup and coconut butter. Stir over medium heat until oil is melted. Reduce to a simmer for 5 mins without stirring.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over syrup mixture and stir to combine.
- Tip mixture into slice tin and press down firmly. I put a sheet of baking paper on top of mixture and press down hard with both hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden. Optional: Drizzle melted cacao over the top. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate to set. This is important because if you try to cut it straight from the oven, it will fall apart. It must be set in the fridge and overnight is best.
- Once hard, cut to size. Store in fridge in airtight container.