Need to wrap something special so the recipient can’t tell what it is? Here’s a fun idea for disguising money, gift cards, jewellery, and other small items. Put it in a can!
What you need
- Empty can (must have a ring pull function)
- Hot glue gun
- Recycle a can with a pull-ring opening lid.
- When you need to open the can to use the contents, leave the pull ring opening intact and instead use a can opener at the base of the can.
- Clean the can out thoroughly and dry very well. It’s a good idea to leave it upside-down in a drying rack for at least a few hours.
- Be careful of sharp edges, and insert your small gift into a can. It’s a good idea to include paper, tissue paper, fabric or even plastic bags so the shake test won’t work!
- Ensure the contents are away from the bottom of the can, then place the base back on and use a hot glue to hold in place.
- I glued this on to a cardboard base just so it was easy for me to wrap, but this step is optional.
Baked Beans anyone? When it’s time to open, it will be a total surprise!