This paddle pop stick folding craft is simple and mess free! You can draw a treasure map (for the template version click here), a card for Mum, Dad or a friend, or even an inspirational quote.
- 8 Jumbo Paddle Pop Sticks (find in craft/discount stores; I purchased a pack for $2 at Kmart)
- Masking tape (must be masking tape and not other types of sticky tape)
- Drawing pens
- Ribbon (optional)
I’ve done this with a group of children before, and I found this was the best way to do/explain it:
- Arrange the 8 paddle pop sticks in pairs.
- Cut masking tape to a little less than the paddle pop stick length.
- Join each pair together with tape.
- Turn all joined pairs of paddle pop sticks over.
- Join the first two pairs together with a piece of tape in the middle.
- Do the same with the other two pairs.
- Then lastly join both pieces together in the middle.
Below is a video of the process.
Just test to see if you’ve done it correctly by folding it up into a fan (it should fold easily).
Now comes the fun part. Decorate! However you like (on both sides). Just remember to leave a section at the top to write a message before you start decorating.
My favourite way to use this paddle pop stick foldable craft is to make a card. Great for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthday card, for Christmas or children to give to friends.
My daughter did a 7 Things I Love About Dad card. I particularly love number 4: When I find things hard, you’re my friend.
You can find another way to do this craft with paper (I made a treasure map) here.