If you’re looking for a delightful angel decoration to make this Christmas, you must make these Pom Pom Peg Angel Decorations. They are super gorgeous and would make a sweet Christmas gift.
My girls have always loved making peg dolls. Their love of making peg dolls came from a craft featured here on Be a Fun Mum – the mermaids. We have made so many in the last year or so. They are played with alongside Barbies and Little People toys. I have to admit, I’ve enjoyed making them myself. I always get curious to see what hair my girls will choose and what colour card they will make the flippers from.
You can imagine how much they enjoyed making these Pom Pom Peg Angel Decorations. For the purpose of this post, I made two from neutral colours, but their creations were much more colourful and eccentric. And they haven’t been placed on the tree…yet.
These decorations are a little fiddly getting the pom pom secure onto the peg so adult help will be needed, but once that is done, it’s fairly simple to add a halo, wings and draw on a face and some shoes.
This Craft is Fun For
• Christmas Decorations
• Craft idea
• Develops creativity
• Can be used for Imaginative Play
• Fine Motor Skills
• Wooden Pegs
• Pipe Cleaners
• Craft Glue
• Pom Pom template (can be found here)
1. You will need to create a Pom Pom Template. Our post on how to make your own pom poms will show you the type of template you need. Once this has been created, start weaving your wool around the template to make the pom pom.
2. Once there are a few layers of wool around the pom pom template, tie the loose strands together, and then use scissors to start cutting around the edges of the template.
3. When you’ve cut all the way around, insert the peg in the middle of the pom pom and template.
4. Get a separate piece of wool to tie the pom pom to the peg between the template cards. Then remove the template.
5. Set the peg and pom pom aside and make the wings and halo. Twist the pipe cleaners as shown below to create the wings and halo.
6. Twist the halo around the wings so it becomes one piece. Cut some twine and tie it together so the decoration can hang from the tree.
7. Glue the twine, wings and halo, onto the back of your peg doll. Use the pens to add a face and draw on some shoes. Any excess wool from the pom pom can be used to create hair. Glue this on top of the angel’s head.
8. Your angel is now ready to be hung on the tree.