If you’re looking for an easy craft to do with the kids this Mother’s Day, these essential oil infused felt flowers are the perfect craft activity to do together.
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to get crafty to make something special for the mums and grandmas in our children’s lives.
My children are blessed to have three grandmas and two great grandmas to love and be doted on, as well as pretty spectacular mum (me, haha).
When it comes to Mother’s Day, the simplest of gifts can mean the most. This year, rather than create something that may be shoved in a drawer of memories, I decided to get crafty and make some felt flowers using felt and pom poms infused with essential oils.
This gift is fairly easy for little hands to make. I got all my supplies from Stacks which is a discount store in Brisbane. Alternatively, to create the flowers you could use paper cutters from scrapbooking to cut the felt flowers. Or you could trace a template and cut the flowers by hand – like I did in this post for the felt brooches.
Here’s how to recreate this gorgeous gift idea for Mother’s Day.
• Empty Jar or Milk Bottle
• Paper Straws
• Felt Flowers
• Double Sided Stickers
• Craft Glue and Brush
• Pom Poms
• Essential Oils (I used Lavender, Geranium and Patchouli)
1. The first thing to do is create the flowers. Stick one felt flower on one side of the straw and then do the same on the other side using the double sided stickers.
2. Glue the pom poms in the middle of each flower.
3. Drop some essential oils on each pom pom.
4. Add some pom poms to the bottle of each jar/bottle and drop some essential oil onto each one.
5. Once you’ve made your flowers, cut the stems accordingly to create your arrangement.
6. Make as many arrangements as you need for each mother figure in your children’s lives.
If you liked this craft, you may like