Our house is Chocolate Capital when Easter comes around. And I don’t mind this because I do love chocolate.
At this time of year there are usually Easter morning teas, afternoon teas and general get-togethers on the long weekend. I do adore this time of year.
All these events often require a ‘bring a plate’ to share. While I do love to get my baking on, it’s been hot of late in QLD and I haven’t been in the mood to bake. Other events in my life have made me look for easy ways to celebrate Easter without having to turn the oven on.
And these Bottoms Up Bunny Chocolate Mousse Cups will do just the trick.
I usually make my own chocolate mousse. You can check out recipe here. (I’m well known by friends by this recipe and I do get asked for it all the time!)
But if you can’t be bothered, the Minions or YoGo Chocolate Mousse or Custard Cups can work just as well.
- Minions Chocolate Mousse Cups (available at Woolies)
- Edible Marker (available in a pack of 4 in Woolies Baking aisle)
- White Chocolate Melts
- Whipped Cream in a Can (or if it’s too hot, white marshmallows)
It’s so easy, you won’t need instructions.
Draw your paw prints with the black edible pen on the white choc melt buds.
Place them facing up, but upside down diagonally. A squirt of cream makes the bunny tail.
Your Bottoms Up Bunny Chocolate Mousse Cups are ready to be served.
1. If it’s incredibly hot in your neck of the woods at Easter, replace the cream with a white marshmallow
2. Carry the completed choc mousses in a cupcake tray to keep them from toppling over. Makes them easy to transport.
3. Don’t forget to bring spoons!
The hardest trick is not getting a spoon and eating one or three of these once they are made. MMMhmmm!