But now that they are in the pre-school and primary school years, I’ve acquired a few pairs of statement earrings to wear on rotation throughout my week.
It’s a simple way to add fun to your outfit and they are often an affordable accessory when budgets are tight and you want something new to wear.
I have a variety of textures, colours, patterns and lengths to suit an array of outfits.
My favourite places to buy statement earrings are from local businesses – where the earrings have been handmade. They are often available at markets, Etsy or online stores. I also buy statement jewellery from Gorman and Adorne.
Tips on choosing Statement Earrings
I have a few tips when choosing a statement earring.
- Go bright or light when you have long dark hair – this is because the earrings will stand out against your hair. Black earrings can’t be seen on my ears when I have long dark hair. There needs to be more contrast.
- Consider the weight of your earring. Some clay earrings can be quite heavy on the ears.
- Tassel earrings can be trimmed to suit. If you’re not a fan of a tassel draping down your shoulders, trim the tassel to suit.
- Have a storage area to keep earring pairs together and avoid tassels getting knotted.
- Can be a great gift for someone who is hard to buy for or has all the things.
Fun Statement Earrings
I gravitate towards statement earrings that are bright and fun. Here are some gorgeous statement earrings I’ve found online. I have purchased from these stores before and love the quality.
5. Adorne Retro Shapes Resin Earrings $19.95
6. Stranger Blings Candy Dangles $24.00
8. Neon Cherry Confetti Studs $16.95
10. Gorman Midnight Patch Earrings $59
11. Gorman Chain Reaction Earrings $29.50 (on sale)
13. Miss Golly Gosh Large Cactus Fiesta Earrings $28.20 (on sale)
14. Adorne Diamante Raffia Earrings $10 (on sale)
Statement Earring Storage
I have two ways to store my statement earrings. I purchased a jewellery hanger from Target a few years ago where I can hang my hooked statement earrings. You can see it in the background of this photo.
For my stud statement earrings, I use a Bon Maxi Earring Holder.
Do you have an addiction to statement earrings?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links on this post. Should you choose to purchase an item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.