Are you looking for a sweet treat that takes minutes to make, is fun and easy for kids to do, does not require baking, tastes amazing and is jam-packed with healthy ingredients? Then look no further than these awesome No-Bake Banana Bliss Balls! They are super easy to make and taste delicious. They make a great snack or treat and are perfect for school lunchboxes! You can even make a batch at the weekend and then store them in the freezer for whenever you need them.
This recipe can also be easily adapted for different dietary requirements. For example, for a vegan-friendly version, just swap out the honey for agave nectar. For a gluten-free option, simply substitute the rolled oats with quinoa flakes. The taste is just as good and they’ll be loved by kids and adults alike.
One of the best things we love about these heavenly bliss balls is that they can be made almost entirely out of pantry ingredients, which means you can whip some up whenever you need another batch. Plus, the dates, honey, vanilla and cacao give them a delicious chocolatey flavour, without the sugar and the guilt!
Here’s how to make No-Bake Banana Bliss Balls:
- 2 small, ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 20 dried dates
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pure, unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place all the ingredients (aside from the extra desiccated coconut) in a food processor.
- Process the ingredients until everything is blended together without any big lumps.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat this with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour the extra desiccated coconut onto a plate. Roll the balls in the coconut firmly so that it coats the outside all over.
- Enjoy the bliss balls straight away or store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
These bliss balls can be stored in the fridge for several days. You can even pop them in an air-tight container and freeze them. Then just take some out as and when you need them. We find it works best if you take them out the night before and let them defrost in a container in the fridge overnight.
We hope you and your kids love these tasty little treats!