There are very few ingredients for this pizza, yet it is extremely flavoursome, even more so when you use fresh herbs from the garden.
- Pizza sauce
- Fresh mozzarella
- Pizza Dough
You can find the pizza dough recipe I use here (this amount makes about 4 circular pizzas so half the recipe if you want less. If you want to make super quick pizza dough (without the need to wait for rising, use this recipe)
- Make the pizza dough
- Roll out the dough and then pull it a little further with your hands
- Lay the dough over a pizza or baking tray. Trim the dough from the sides. I usually just fold the edge over just slightly at the ends to make a crust. Sometimes I place a little grated cheese along the edge before folding it over to make a cheese crust. Kids love it.
- Spread pizza sauce or tomato paste over the base.
- Pull off the leaves from the thyme and dice the oregano and sprinkle over the base.
- Slice fresh mozzarella and place on the pizza.
- Bake in a preheated hot oven (220 °C) for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and lay basil leaves over the top of the pizza.