I LOVE bruschetta, but I find the recipes often require fine dicing (for example of the onion). However, this recipe is super easy and quick and it is delicious too! A massive hit with my family. It is a great meal for entertaining this festive season. It was exciting for me because I used basil and rocket from my own backyard garden to make this snack. So satisfying!
1. Cherry bocconcini
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
4. Sourdough loaf
5. Basil (from our garden)
6. Rocket (from our garden)
7. Cherry tomatoes
8. Salt & Pepper
9. Garlic clove – cut in half (optional)
1. Cut the cherry bocconcini & cherry tomatoes in half.
2. In a bowl, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir. 3. Add the tomatoes and cheese. Set aside.
4. Toast the sourdough.
5. Optional – cut a garlic clove in half and rub over toast.
6. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Lay a leaf of rocket on the toast.
8. Top with cheese & tomatoes.
9. Add a few leaves of fresh basil to the top and serve.