Pizza is always a winner and so versatile. I’ve been working on my backyard garden (largely thanks to the Woolworths Discovery Garden seedlings) and there are many things growing that can be used with pizza so you can try all kinds of combos. Below is a flavour combo I tried using rocket from our backyard garden.
- 100 grams prosciutto
- Pizza Sauce
- Choice of cheese (I prefer the fresh mozzarella)
- Pizza Dough
You can find the pizza dough recipe I use here (this amount makes about 4 circular pizzas so half the recipe if you want less. If you want to make super quick pizza dough (without the need to wait for rising, use this recipe)
- Make the pizza dough
- Roll out the dough and then pull it a little further with your
- Lay over a pizza or baking tray. Trim the dough from the
sides. I usually just fold the
edge over just slightly at the ends to make a crust.
- Spread over pizza sauce (or tomato paste as an
- Rip up the prosciutto and lay over pizza.
- Rip up the fresh mozzarella (or use cheese of choice) and
place over pizza.
- Bake in a preheated hot oven (220 ° C) for approximately
20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and rip up basil and sprinkle across pizza. Then lay fresh rocket over the pizza.