Most of the recipes on this blog are created by myself or my team. However, I occasionally take guest posts from brands if they are worth sharing. I often find McKenzie’s create really great recipes and I’m sharing this ADORABLE meringue snowmen recipe with you.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 ½ hours
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Cream of Tartar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Desiccated Coconut
- Writing gels and lollies, for decorating
1. Pre-heat oven to 110°C (90°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until all incorporated. Continue beating a further 3-4 minutes until sugar has dissolved completely.
3. Spoon mixture into a piping bag with a 1 ½ cm round nozzle. Pipe double dollops onto prepared tray and bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn oven off and allow to cool in the oven.
4. Dip the base of cooled meringues into melted chocolate and then into coconut. Set aside. Use gels to draw on eyes and buttons. Use some of the leftover melted chocolate to stick on a nose.