Amanda from Simple Home Cook shared the Ham & Egg Bites she made with the cake pop maker. I don’t have a cake pop machine, but they looked like the sort of food my kids would enjoy in the lunch box. So I tried making them in a mini muffin tray and they were brilliant!
- 2 eggs (I find free-range eggs taste the best, and the Woolworths brand is still affordable)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ½ tbl spoon plain flour
- ¼ cup sliced ham
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 190°C.
- Spray a mini muffin tray with oil.
- Whisk the milk, eggs and flour in a jug until the mixture is smooth without any lumps. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Place a few pieces of ham and cheese in each mini muffin section and then pour the mixture over the top.
- I like to add a few more grated cheese bits to the top before baking.
- Bake for until very golden (approximately 20 minutes).
Here are some ways I used them in the lunch box.