These Bunny Fruit Kebabs are sure to be a hit with kids for Easter get-togethers or those end of term events where you need to bring a plate to share.
While the plate looks effective and the platter will cater to all food allergy types, I will warn you that it is a bit fiddly. You will have juice everywhere and you will have a few offcuts of fruit. Don’t discard these in the bin. Cut into pieces and make a delicious fruit salad.
What You’ll Need
- Kebab Sticks
- Bunny Cookie Cutter (you can get yours here)
- Fruit corer
- Sharp knife
1. Cut your watermelon into triangular pieces and use your cookie cutter to cut out the bunnies.
2. Use the fruit corer to punch holes for the bunny tail in the bottom part of the body. Keep the round cut outs as these can be used for rockmelon bunnies.
3. Slice rockmelon vertically to get a slab of fruit to puncture holes into this for the bunny tails.
4. Slide the round tails into the cut out body of the bunny. Start threading grapes or blueberries onto your kebab stick. And then slide your bunny on the top of the stick.
5. Once you’ve made a few kebabs, place them on a platter to serve.
6. You can also make rockmelon bunnies with watermelon tails.
While it is slightly messy, kids will love them. Get them in on making their own fruit kebab!