But now that they are in primary school years, I’ve acquired a few pairs of statement earrings to wear on rotation throughout my week.
It’s a simple way to add fun to your outfit and they are often an affordable accessory when budgets are tight and you want something new to wear.
I have a variety of textures, colours, patterns and lengths to suit an array of outfits.
My favourite places to buy statement earrings are from local businesses – where the earrings have been handmade. With lockdowns and cancellation of markets, many of these small businesses haven’t been able to display their new creations.
If you’re looking for a gorgeous gift for a friend or an affordable update for spring, check out these statement earrings from local, Australian businesses.
Tips on choosing Statement Earrings
I have a few tips when choosing a statement earring.
- Go bright or light when you have long dark hair – this is because the earrings will stand out against your hair. Black earrings can’t be seen on my ears when I have long dark hair. There needs to be more contrast.
- Consider the weight of your earring. Some clay earrings can be quite heavy on the ears.
- Tassel earrings can be trimmed to suit. If you’re not a fan of a tassel draping down your shoulders, trim the tassel to suit.
- Have a storage area to keep earring pairs together and avoid tassels getting knotted.
- Can be a budget friendly gift for someone who is hard to buy for or has all the things.
Fun Statement Earrings
I gravitate towards statement earrings that are bright and fun. Here are some gorgeous statement earrings I’ve found online. I have purchased from these stores before and love the quality.
Statement Earring Storage
I have two ways to store my statement earrings. I purchased a jewellery hanger from Target a few years ago where I can hang my hooked statement earrings. You can see it in the background of this photo.
For my stud statement earrings, I use a Bon Maxi Earring Holder.