Father’s Day is less than a month away in Australia and it’s always a good time to consider how to celebrate the dad figures in our lives.
Food gifts are always a well received gift for Dad and these personalised Father’s Day Chocolate Bars are easy to make and don’t take too long to whip up.
You can personalise the chocolate bar with dad’s favourite lollies. We chose snakes and M&Ms.
- Bar of Chocolate – the thicker the block the easier it is to wrap
- Dad’s favourite lollies (we used M&M’s and Snakes)
- Chocolate for melting
- Microwavable jug
Melt your chocolate in 30 second bursts until fully melted.
Unwrap your chocolate bar and flip it over so the smooth side is facing upward.
Choose your snakes and cut to length to create the name you’re wanting to place on your chocolate bar. We chose DAD and PA as they were easy to create out of the snakes.
Use the toothpicks to secure the letters together.
Drizzle melted chocolate on the bar and place each letter on the chocolate bar.
Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
Once set, leave out of the fridge for 10 mins to remove the toothpicks and wrap in cellophane or clear party bag wrap.
- M&Ms are easier to create the letters on the chocolate. The snakes are a bit fiddly and we broke one chocolate bar removing the toothpick as the chocolate bar was quite thin.
2. Choose a chocolate bar with a smooth underside. Originally we chose Cadbury Hazelnut but the underside was too lumpy to place the lollies.
3. Once completely set, use clear party bags (available at Kmart) to wrap your Father’s Day chocolate bar and tie with some ribbon.