Every year just before the Christmas season starts, I look for fun crafts to do with the kids on school holidays. The crafts can then be used to decorate the home in anticipation for Christmas day.
This candle made from an empty cardboard roll is easy and will use up any left over paper from gift wrapping.
Empty toilet roll or papertowel rolls
Orange and Yellow textas
Glass and pencil (not pictured)
- Wrap gift paper around your cardboard roll. If using new paper, cut it to size.
- Glue the paper to the roll with the glue stick and fasten with sticky tape.
- Use a glass and lead pencil to trace around the opening of the cup to create the flame.
- Draw the flame and sparks with orange and yellow textas. Paint on some glitter for a sparkly flame effect
- Cut two slits on each side of the covered roll.
- Insert the paper flame into the cuts on either side of the roll to create your candle.
Make a few different candles in varying heights using empty toilet rolls or paper towel rolls.
The candles can be used for imaginative play or decor for Christmas decorating.