Hi all, Simple Home Cook here! Do you want more uses for that cake pop machine that is sitting in your cupboard and never gets used? This recipe tries something a little different so dust off the cobwebs and give it a go.
This is a very easy one and great for making a quick afternoon tea for the kids after school. Only a few ingredients are needed and you probably have them in your fridge and pantry.
I struggle to get my children to eat quiche but they loved these and asked me to make more. This recipe makes about 24 little bites.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Ham & Egg Bites
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ½ Tbspn plain flour
- ¼ cup sliced ham
- ½ cup grated cheese
- In a jug, whisk eggs, milk and flour until combined and there are no lumps. Set aside.
- In the cake pop machine (turned off), add a pinch of ham to each hole.
- Then add a pinch of grated cheese to each hole.
- Pour in the egg mixture to fill the holes approx. ¾ of the way. Do not overfill as the egg will expand and spill everywhere. Trust me… I know!
- Turn on the machine and cook for approx 5 mins.
- Serve with your favourite chutney or tomato sauce.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.