Tuna Pasta Bake
250g dried penne pasta
1 onion finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup corn flour
375 g crushed tomatoes
1 cup corn kernels
1 zucchini sliced
1 carrot sliced
1 head broccoli cut into florets
145g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
425g tinned Tuna
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, corn, zucchini, carrot and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
4. Stir in the canned tomatoes and tuna.
5. Mix corn flour with small amount of water and add to sauce.
6. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Add the pasta, vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup of cheese to the sauce. Spoon pasta mixture into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pasta.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
*Easy to freeze
Printer Friendly PDF: Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
Lunch Box Option
Lunch: Cold Tuna Pasta Salad
Baked: Hot cross bun
Snack: Carrots and Snow Peas