Disney on Ice has released its 2019 tour dates!
My girls and I went to last year’s show and we had such a fun time! The show was just amazing — the sets, the skating, the music! What I love about these events is how the adults enjoy the show just as much as the kids. This year’s show centres on Mickey Mouse and friends, plus features Moana for the first time.
Tom Williams, Disney Dad and Australian media personality has been confirmed as Disney On Ice Ambassador for 2019 – becoming the first father to take on the role in Australia.
“I’m thrilled to be the ambassador for the 2019 Disney On Ice tour. My wife Rachel and I will be able to share our childhood Disney memories with our girls, Storm and Sloane” says Tom.
“I have such vivid memories of these stories from my own childhood and even now as a dad! Disney stories have the unique ability to remain magical for people of all ages and introduce us to characters that teach us important values. I personally identify with Goofy because I love making people laugh.”
About the 2019 Show – Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends
This year, the show is about going on a journey, visiting new worlds and discovering the stories of the characters along the way. Mickey Mouse is joined by Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy on a journey to discover his favourite memory of all time. Using Mickey’s “Mouse Pad”, show hosts encourage fans to be part of the action and help the gang venture though Disney stories, sharing memorable moments from treasured tales.
For the first time, Moana makes an appearance, as she displays courage to save her island on a high-seas adventure with Maui. Families will voyage to the wintry world of Arendelle with royal sisters Anna and Elsa, and experience the mysterious magic of Fantasia. Dory and Nemo make an appearance, along with the crew from Inside Out, Toy Story and more.
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends commemorates 90 years of Mickey Mouse and honours Walt Disney’s legacy by bringing acclaimed stories to life on the ice.
Book tickets at www.Ticketek.com.au/
Here’s a sneak peek.
Opening on Friday 31 May in Perth, the show will travel to Adelaide, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle and finish in Sydney on 21 July. Due to the high demand, there have been additional shows added in each city. Find all the dates and book tickets at www.Ticketek.com.au/
I’m from Brisbane, and there’s been an extra show added here too. Held at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, there are 11 shows; find more details about the venue and shows here.
Fri 28 June
Sat 29 June 10am 1:30pm
Sun 30 June 10am 1:30pm
Mon 1 July
- Arrive in plenty of time so you don’t have to rush. There is plenty of parking at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and there are attendants to guide.
- It’s fun to dress up. The kids can wear their favourite Disney costume, or pick up some cute accessories at the venue before the show starts.
- Enjoy the lead up in the weeks before the event. Pull out your favourite Disney movies, play with the Disney Words by Woolies (I have heaps of ideas here) or check out some of the behind the scenes videos with the kids, like this feature on the Disney On Ice ice-skaters.
- Take note of where the bathrooms are when you arrive incase the child/ren need to use the facilities.
- Bring a few clothing layer options. We didn’t find it cold, but it’s a good idea to have some options so everyone feels comfortable.
Giveaway – Brissy Families
GIVEAWAY ENDED AND THE WINNER HAS BEEN EMAILED
Win 4 A-Reserve tickets to see Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends in BRISBANE (Friday June 28th at 2:30pm) plus an awesome Disney On Ice merch bag. Simply answer this question in the comments below:
What is your child’s favourite Disney memory, and why?
Giveaway will run from 6 May 2019 and closes at 12 AM on Monday, 20 May 2019. Please read the full terms and conditions here.